Thursday, February 02, 2006

North West Flower and Garden Show

Any of you Pacific Northwest types going to the Northwest Flower and Garden Show (in Seattle) this weekend?

I'm particularly looking forward to A Place to Take Root, one of the show's highlights and the first exhibit devoted to the evolution of the common flower pot. Described as a "traveling museum piece," it will feature over 40 historical American pots. Renowned potters Guy Wolff from Connecticut and John Weber of Seattle will be demonstrating their art live.

But probably my favourite thing about this particular show is its timing: at this dreary time of year the display gardens always seem like a harbinger of spring, of sunnier days to come and of coming times in the garden. I can't say the same for Groundhog Day, whatever the outcome!

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan Harris said...

Heather, this post nudges me to attend a show near here next weekend, only 100 miles away in Richmond, VA. I'll find some buddies to go along with me, too, and have a fine time. So thanks, and I'll report back, as we all hope and trust you will, too.

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home