Thursday, January 26, 2006

The Best Week Ever


I've been back since Monday, but this being the Best Week Ever, I've been a little busy. Certainly too busy to look at all 900 of my Cuba photos, let alone upload them and write about our vacation. So I'm giving you a very small sampling with the above photo of what the locals called Aroma floridita but I can only find referred to as 'Ohi'a Lehua on the web. In short, Cuba was awesome. Yay!

The day after we returned, we had the inspection for our new townhouse, which is finally finished (another yay!). I couldn't really concentrate on the finer details of the water heater and whatnot because ... Ben proposed! (In the kitchen, which is very appropriate for my gourmand boyfriend - whoops - fiance. Strange, that word.)



I can't stop grinning. Having a fiance - and a pretty ring - is so fun! Wheeee!

More later... when I can control my use of exclamation points.

10 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Conduct said...

Congrats on everything! Great vacation, new house, and future husband! (I hated calling mine my "fiance" too... reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where the lady can't find her fiance, "the poor baby" and Elaine says, "Maybe the dingos ate your baby.")

Now, get crackin' on those Cuban flower pictures!

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you both. You look so happy! What a nice surprise.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Susan Harris said...

I think you showed admirable restraint in the exclamation point department - because you're a classy girl!!
Muchas congratulations to an adorable couple. Susan

1:54 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Congratulations Andrea! What a wonderful week and a lovely ring! I hope you post pics of the new home. Looking forward to seeing your Cuba pictures. Have a great weekend!

11:10 AM  
Blogger Jessica Harwood said...

Wow! Congratulations! I am too happy for you to restrain my exclamation points!

3:35 PM  
Blogger Lisa's Diet said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Lisa's Diet said...

Andrea that’s wonderful congratulations!

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I extend my congratulations! Lovely photo of the both of you. Can't wait to see your Cuba photos.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

Congratulations Andrea and Ben. Great holiday, new house, new ring, new life together .... just gets better and better.

Would love to see some photos of Cuba.

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Heavy Petal from Southwest Middlesex Ontario. Seen an old post about Communities in Bloom. Are you involved? We are trying to get a Communities in Bloom specific blogspot going. Share info with other "Bloomers". Your blog is great! Keep up the great work and congratulations. Check out www.cibloom.blogspot.com see what C.I. Bloom is doing.

5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home