Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Come again some other day

It's definitely autumn in Vancouver. I can tell because my biceps are becoming nicely toned from constantly carrying an umbrella, the bottom of my pant legs are always damp, and all I feel like doing is staying inside, curled up by the fire with a book.

We've entered monsoon season, and while I hate it sometimes, I know that next summer, we'll have another drought and I'll be praying for rain. Wouldn't it be nice to spread it out a little? I think I'll make a rain barrel, a lovely rainy-day project.

Or, I could buy one ready-made. The City of Vancouver has designed and manufactured their own rain barrels for use by residents for garden irrigation. Rain barrels are available to City of Vancouver residents only at a 50% subsidy (proof of residency is required) and the cost is $70.00. Accepted methods of payments are cash, cheque, debit or credit card.

The rain barrels can be purchased from:

Transfer Station
377 W. North Kent Ave.
Vancouver, BC
Phone: 604-873-7350

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home